Health care quality is getting the right care at the right time, every time. Patients should look for care that is consistently safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and patient-centered.
Video: Questions are the Answer
Doctors want you to ask questions. This classic commercial from AHRQ and the Ad Council puts a fun spin on a serious issue.
How to know it when you see it.
- What is the test for?
- How many times have you done this procedure?
- When will I get the results?
- Why do I need this treatment?
- Are there any alternatives?
- What are the possible complications?
- Which hospital is best for my needs?
- How do you spell the name of that drug?
- Are there any side effects?
- Will this medicine interact with medicines that I’m already taking?